Risk Assurance and Advisory Services Associate - 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
TEAM UP WITH US!
As an Associate I, you will play an integral part in the audit work performed by the Firm and will work on all aspects of an audit, from planning, to execution and completion. This work will include tests or procedures performed under general supervision that allow the Firm to collect sufficient evidence to assess whether the clients are up to date with the latest international organization reporting standards. You will help to ensure the completion of fieldwork related to client engagements including System and Organization Controls (SOC) audits, IT General Controls support, HITRUST Cyber Security Framework, Cyber security Assessments, ISO Assessments, and Agreed Upon Procedures engagements, and interact with clients to identify and resolve audit issues.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Perform audits, reviews, compilations and various audit and/or consulting engagements
* Interpret and analyze audit evidence and/or financial statement data and draw logical conclusions
* Exercise professional skepticism in the critical assessment of audit evidence
* Research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters
* Work with a team of 0-5 fellow staff members under supervision of a senior, manager and/or partner
* Identify, assess and document controls and weaknesses in client information management systems
* Thoroughly evaluate assigned areas of fieldwork and identify potential points for improvement
* Prepare clear and accurate workpapers
* Exhibit strong analytical skills to evaluate control activities
* Update managers and seniors of job status and assurance issues in timely manner
* Develop understanding of client businesses related to assigned assurance areas
* Know and apply specialized knowledge, for example, the rules, regulations, and code of ethics of the AICPA, the pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board ('FASB') and the AICPA, and applicable state regulations
* Understand and comply with the Firm's quality control policy
* Organize, analyze and communicate with both fellow staff and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner
* Work toward completion of CISA certification
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners, and 'smart' conference rooms. Stationed at their assigned desk or at co-workers desk when providing support coverage.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkFull-Time
TravelYes. An Associate I will require travel to neighboring cities (< 2 hours commute) on a daily basis. Overnight stay is required for clients more than 2 hours away. Expected overnight travel is 0-25%. Must have reliable transportation.
* Must have a car as this position requires traveling to Armanino offices and client sites (TBD due to Covid-19)
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or related field
* 0-1 years Public Accounting experience, including management of audit engagements
* Demonstrate understanding of GAAP principles
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to research and analyze technical issues independently as requested
* Ability to identify internal control deficiencies and document management letter comments for purposes of communicating deficiencies and weaknesses to clients
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
* Demonstrate knowledge or interest in information technology
* Maintain neat and professional appearance
* Possess a courteous, cooperative and professional attitude
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and desire to succeed
* Display a commitment to acting in the best interest of the Firm
* Practice discretion and discernment in dealing with client and Firm matters
Work Authorization & Background CheckIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the position requires eligibility for employment in the United States. Such documentation must be provided within three (3) business days of the date of hire. The position also requires an adequate reference and background checks.
BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!
Eligibility to work in the U.S. is required for intern and entry-level positions.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the 'apply for this job online' button to get started! Candidates should also submit an application on their campus portal, if applicable, to be considered for interviews.
Applications are due September 26, 2021.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers to disclose the pay range for job openings in Colorado. This is the typical range of pay for the position; however, actual pay may vary based on experience and skill-set. Compensation Range: $59,200-$65,700. Sign-on bonuses may also be offered as part of the compensation package.
Now, the fine print...
Armanino LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Armanino LLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Armanino LLP expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Armanino LLP's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
For positions based in San Francisco, consistent with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.