Employment Type: Full-Time
Want to make something truly special? Join Ardent Mills, the premier flour-milling and ingredients company. With us, you can make products that exceed customer expectations. Make communities healthier and more prosperous. Make the innovative breakthroughs that shape our industry. Make the food that nourishes people throughout North America.
Our operations and services are supported by, the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 35 community mills, mixing facilities and a bakery, located throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We have deep roots in our communities, employing more than 100 certified millers, supporting thousands of local jobs and contributing billions of dollars to local economies.
In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment. This position is involved with all aspects of maintenance and reliability at the facility, including troubleshooting automated equipment and sensors (PLCs), industrial electric systems, motors, bearings, gears, lubrication, vibration, and other mechanical systems and components along with some fabrication and welding work.
People who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties, and safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion into other roles as they become available. In order to succeed, you must be able to:
* Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
* Deal with and drive change.
* Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
* Learn and apply new technology, and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Provide preventative and reactive maintenance as necessary at all times of the day
* Work in a safe and professional manner with Safety always being the top priority
* Comply with GMP, HACCP, and regulatory mandates
* Ensure all proper documentation is completed and filed appropriately
* Be familiar with equipment and operations within the entire facility
* Perform housekeeping and sanitation duties as related to work areas
* Troubleshoot problems and correct them in a timely and economical manner
* Capable of reading simple wiring diagrams, and troubleshooting of common electrical problems
* Remain on 24 hour stand-by for emergency maintenance calls as scheduled
* Prioritize work time for maximum effectiveness
* Utilize Guide TI as the Computerized Reliability Management System (CRMS)
* Actively participate in department and plant-wide meetings relating to improvement of plant safety, quality, efficiency, and engagement
* Perform any task reasonably assigned
* At least 3 years in industrial maintenance roles
* Experience with plant automation systems (PLCs, VFDs, Electrical, Mechanical systems)
* Knowledge of power transmissions and precision maintenance methods
* Knowledge of structural and sheet metal fabrication
* Ability to operate industrial equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklift, skid steer
* High School diploma preferred
* Must be able to work all shifts as assigned
* Maintain good attendance record
* Able to work with minimum supervision
* Willing to accept accountability and work well in a team
* Computer knowledge and ability to use and input data into Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and CRMS (Computerized Reliability Management System)
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation)
* Willing and able to work in a plant environment that at times, may be dusty, include temperature extremes, involve climbing, heavy lifting, and other forms of physical exertion
* Willing and able to work with wheat products, dust, i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity, intolerance and/or allergies
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Able to work in a dusty environment and wear respiratory protection
* Able to climb stairs through the work day
* Able to stand through the entire work day
At Ardent Mills, everyone matters and everyone has a voice. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and team members and the decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, age, political affiliation, or any other non-merit characteristic protected by law or not. Together, celebrating our differences, we make Ardent Mills.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
3939 Producers Drive, Stockton CA, 95206
Additional Locations (if applicable):