Scientist I/ II, Translational Biology
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of scientific accomplishment and technical expertise, preferably in rare disease research and drug development to join our translational biology team. The candidate will focus on developing therapeutics for various disease indications using our proprietary LNP-nucleic assay delivery platform, and will be responsible for management, design, and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience with a high level of experimental vigor and quality.
Responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to
* Design, execute and interpret preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies in support of multiple programs.
* Develop, optimize, and run cell-based assays to validate targets and mechanisms and provide key data to project teams in a robust, reliable, and timely fashion.
* Prioritize and manage multiple research activities in a highly integrated role.
* PhD with 3+ years' experience with an emphasis on target ID and validation, physiological pathways and mechanisms. Previous experience in drug discovery, either in academic or industrial setting, is preferred.
* A proven track record of innovative research, including publications in scientific journals.
* Proven hands-on experience with the development, optimization, and execution of quantitative cell-based assays and in vivo pharmacology.
* Computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT) and statistical analysis software (e.g., Prism).
* Exceptional team player with strong written and oral communications skills. Excellent organization skills with strong attention to details.
* Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment interacting with diverse groups.