Scientist I/ II Analytical Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Scientist I/II, Analytical Development will be responsible for development of analytical methodologies and supporting routine analytical characterization of RNA-based drug formulations and lipid excipients to support emerging research pipeline. The candidate will also act as a mentor/coach to developing analytical research associates and interns.
* Develop new analytical methodologies to characterize lipid excipients and nucleic acid based lipid nanoparticle formulations using various chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques such as CE, HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis, Fluorimetry and as well as other specialty instrumentation including but not limited to particle sizers, KF, osmometer, etc.
* In close collaboration with the broad team of chemistry and formulation scientists, design and perform laboratory research experiments needed to support chemistry and formulation process development efforts
* Lead in optimization and trouble-shooting of the existing analytical methodologies to characterize lipid excipients and RNA based drug product formulations
* Assist with routine analytical testing for formulation development, in-process and stability testing using the above techniques
* Maintain proper documentation of all experimental procedures and results
* Write/revise analytical methods, prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize procedures, study results and provide data interpretation
* Present scientific results and observations to colleagues, management and clients at internal and client meetings
* Provide necessary training, guidance and oversight for analytical research associates and interns
* Perform other duties as needed
* PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry or in related discipline with 0-3 years of relevant work experience for Scientist I, 3-8 years of relevant work experience for Scientist II
* Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with CE, HPLC, and LC-MS instrumentation and applications. Familiarity with instrumentation software including Chemstation, ECM OpenLab, Chromeleon and Xcalibur software is a plus.
* Expertise in multiple analytical techniques such as UV-Vis, Karl Fischer, fluorescent plate readers, osmometers, viscometers etc.
* Knowledge of biochemistry techniques such as qPCR and various gel-based assays (e.g. Western blot) is a plus
* Experience with analytical characterization of nucleic acid based therapeutics is a plus.
* Familiarity with development, qualification, and validation of analytical procedures
* Ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to solve standard analytical problems without instruction and receive guidance on new assignments or more complex problems from a senior team member or supervisor
* Ability to think critically and creatively, have great attention to details and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
* Comfortable working in a highly innovative environment and strong ability to cope with change.
* Responds well to scientific challenge and applies significant rigor to their own work.
* Will scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrate exceptional team working skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills