Utility - Mendota, IL
Employment Type: Full-Time
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Utility - Mendota, IL
ADM Milling - Carbohydrate Solutions
This key operational role is responsible for daily production at a new green-field build 30,000 cwt/day wheat flour mill which began operation in 2019. The ideal candidate maintains ADMs high standards for Safety and Quality while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be good communicators who can nurture outstanding relationships as part of a self-directed work team. They will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise and maintain records in accordance with established ADM policies.
Utility will be part of a self-directed teams as small as 2 members and up to 35.
* Supports Operations staff at a plant that produces bulk and packaged flour and feed products as part of a self-directed team.
* Optimize equipment efficiency, personnel safety and product quality in accordance with budgetary parameters
* Maintains records in accordance with established ADM policies and procedures
* Assists external departments
* Proactively seeks and supports the plant goals and vision in accordance with ADM Milling's strategic vision
* Base all decisions, perform acts and personify self in the best interest of the company
* Proactively support operational excellence initiatives.
* Continually train and develop operational team members.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
* Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety regulations, rules and sound practices.
* Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings.
* Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
* Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
* Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation standards.
* Prepare the facility for, and participate in, regulatory/third party/customer/company audits.
* Must have a strong commitment to employee safety
* Require excellent command of the following: leadership, problem solving, self-motivation and organizational skills
* Must have confident and courteous manner.
* Must be able to hear and speak clearly, read, comprehend and communicate orally and in writing.
* Position requires standing and walking for long periods, climbing stairs and ladders, working with tools, working within close-confined spaces, and working in extreme temperatures.
* Position requires working off-shifts.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.