General Manager - Hearst Castle
Employment Type: Full-Time
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
* Asilomar Conference Center, California
* Denali National Park, Alaska
* Glacier Bay, Alaska
* Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
* Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
* Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
* Olympic Peninsula, Washington
* Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
* Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Leisure , Lake Tahoe Operations objectives and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, completing assessments and developing necessary action plans to provide optimal managed services and drive employee and customer satisfaction
* Provides operational expertise in the areas of lodging, activities, food , beverage, retail, fleet and transportation throughout the organization
* Manages all profit centers budget
* Manage the client and community relationships, while providing hands on execution management of operations.
* Recommends methods, resources, and implementation for improvement based on operational needs/capabilities
* Builds, develops, and manages Management team capable of carrying out needed organizational objectives
* Assisting in the design of improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity, Operational Excellence
* Interpreting and ensuring compliance as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes.
* Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
* Ensures compliance to all safety standards, in adherence with Aramark SAFE
* Bachelor's degree level education highly preferred in an area of Food Service, Hospitality, Facilities, or Business Management.
* A minimum of five years experience in a hospitality environment.
* A minimum of five years previous experience in creating and managing a department budget; creating and managing product sales, and implementing operational programs and initiatives
* A minimum of three years previous experience in directing the work of multiple-unit managers
* A minimum of two years of previous experience in financial controls and analysis