Data Center Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Applied Medical is a new generation medical device company with a proven business model and commitment to innovation fueled by rapid business growth and expansion. Our company has been developing and manufacturing advanced surgical technologies for over 30 years and has earned a strong reputation for excellence in the healthcare field. Our unique business model, combined with our dedication to delivering the highest quality products, enables team members to contribute in a larger capacity than is possible in typical positions.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for working within the framework of a team and performing the following activities:
* Establish strong working relationships within the company in the capacity of a trusted advisor on enterprise infrastructure matters.
* Analyze the performance of enterprise systems to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
* Conduct research to identify ways of improving on current system performance.
* Harden security posture of enterprise systems and assist with information security audits or investigations as needed.
* Perform tests to verify the functionality and usability of existing and new technology.
* Schedule support coverage shifts, plan for capacity changes, and maintain overall enterprise system health.
* Verify all enterprise systems are in compliance with corporate and government regulations and remediate when gaps are found.
* Ensure uptime maximization of systems, working to improve resiliency when needed.
* Engage in customer facing communication covering such topics as requests, troubleshooting, design, and best practice recommendations.
* Produce and present reports of the overall operational health, support services, and any issues related to the enterprise systems.
* Installation and upkeep of equipment in corporate data centers (MDFs), IDFs, and MPOEs.
* Install and configure computer hardware and software associated with enterprise systems, including the racking and stacking of equipment.
* Implement and support enterprise infrastructure including installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, and maintenance & monitoring.
* Assist in the research, design, testing, and implementation of new technologies and solutions for cloud-based and multi-data center infrastructure.
* Architect and implement highly available, resilient, and fault-tolerant solutions in cloud-based and on-premise production environments.
* Assist with planning and implementation of short and long-range strategies including changes in configuration, technology and processes pertaining to enterprise infrastructure.
* Manage both cloud and multi-site enterprise environments, including replication for disaster recovery.
* Troubleshoot problems to provide solutions to hardware/software defects or configuration issues.
* Monitor enterprise systems to ensure they function efficiently.
* Ensure timely maintenance is performed on all enterprise equipment throughout the company.
* Follow instructions contained in equipment manuals when setting up systems or conducting repairs.
* Design, document, operate, and maintain enterprise systems.
* Maintain inventory of supplies and spares (examples include: cabling (ethernet, fiber, twinax, and power cords), replacement parts (power supplies, fans, and hard drives) and N+1 spares).
This position requires the following skills and attributes:
* 3+ years' experience or equivalent working in an IT or IT-related field.
* Strong project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong background in critical facilities design, architecture, engineering and construction services.
* Knowledge of on-premise and cloud-connected enterprise infrastructure systems (examples include: hyper-converged systems, servers, routers, switches (physical and software-defined), firewalls, web and SPAM filters, load balancers, server and desktop virtualization, and could computing).
* Knowledge of on-premise and cloud-connected enterprise infrastructure software (examples include: operational systems (Microsoft Windows and Linux/UNIX), patch management, virus protection, Microsoft Office platforms (SharePoint and Teams), Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Microsoft Exchange, ID management systems, and various database platforms (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Postgress)).
* Knowledge of on-premise and cloud-connected enterprise storage systems (examples include: direct-attached storage, object-based, NAS, SAN, and cloud-based).
* Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure and essential communications systems (examples include: digital microwave, radio, satellite, Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), copper ethernet, fiber-optic networks, intra-building cabling, speech, audio/visual solutions, security, call centers, SIP trunks, PRIs, and POTs lines, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)).
* Knowledge of server and network security including schemes (examples include: role- or rule-based ACLs, logical and physical level security, anti-virus end-point protection, and SSL encryption and certificates).
* Knowledge of common building management protocols like Modbus and BACnet.
* Basic understanding of 568A and 568B color codes and applications.
* Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise in a mission critical 24x7 environment.
* Be able to follow all escalation procedures regarding critical or emergency situations.
As a healthcare company, it's of the utmost importance to keep our teams safe and healthy in this ever-changing COVID-19 environment. We require all new team members to be fully vaccinated upon their start date at Applied Medical (legitimate accommodation requests will be considered). Our current team members have also made this commitment to getting vaccinated to help protect each other, our families, our customers, and our visitors, as we work together to help end the pandemic.
* 3+ years of Help Desk experience a plus.
* College degree preferred.
* Any relevant certifications a plus.
* Training and mentorship with ongoing learning and development courses
* On-campus wellness activities
* Comprehensive medical and dental and vision coverage
* Education reimbursement program
* 401(k) program with discretionary employer match
* Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule