Senior IT Program & Portfolio Manager, Business facing Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Applied Materials is the leading semiconductor and display manufacturing company in the world - we Make Possible. Our world class IT organization GIS (Global Information Services) is spearheading the latest technology in cloud, machine learning, AI, virtualization, endpoints, virtual reality, and more - we are 9-year winners of Computerworld best places to work in IT. We are leveraging the GIS capabilities and global reach in support of company product group for technical service delivery and take part of company product development worldwide.
We are looking for strong technical leader to program manage and consolidate / coordinate the activity related to GIS support to the business with product development, R&D support, global services, cost and operation optimization etc.
* Grow current and nurture further GIS capabilities into a portfolio of offerings for product and services use in business unit offerings
* Consolidate and deliver in-flight objectives into program reviews, metrics and strategic objectives for senior leadership on annual and quarterly basis with global team members and GIS Senior Leadership Team.
* Track progress of portfolio projects, value impact, risks and in risk mitigation on weekly basis.
* Serve as program manager and strategic sourcing for specific high value impact projects, filling gaps in portfolio leadership and vendor reviews/BoM cost reduction efforts.
* Facilitate quarterly internal prep, and business facing service delivery and catalog potential reviews.
* Serve as project management for certain projects for specific high value impact projects.
* Interface across GIS in a global matrixed organization, as well as business unit leadership, engineering, sourcing and service delivery.
* Improve financial, project intake, and project review processes with finance, and project tools
* Continually monitor and improve ongoing processes, services, and create/maintain SLAs/metrics.
* Oversee end-to-end execution across multiple parallel programs, including risk management, issue/conflict resolution and dependency management.
* Track progress against established baseline goals, and manage communication to partners, executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
* Manage risks and communication across multiple programs to Executive leadership. Partner with team members to improve resolution.
* >8 years with large scale technical program/project management
* Successful track record leading Program Management teams driving technical and business programs.
* Experience interfacing with business unit research, development, sourcing and/or services groups.
* Experience working in an international matrixed IT organization and driving strategic objectives.
* Experience leading program management function for platform-centric development programs.
* Experience collaborating across multiple functions to achieve desired goals.
* Proven ability to resolve conflicts and issues working with cross-functional teams.
* Proficient in different tools and methodologies to organize, manage, track progress and report.
* Able to see the big picture and identify key focus areas, able to convey clear and in simple way while dealing with complex environment
* Comfortable and enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
* Global culture and customer oriented
* Strong presentation and communication skills anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior level to adopt a different point of view
* Computer science / Engineering degree or equivalence experience
* PMI certification or equivalence experience
* Experience leading PMO office in technology organizations is a plus
* Experience with product development project/program management is advantage
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.