Financial Analyst II -
Employment Type: Full-Time
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company's definition of Winning.
We are actively recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join our team supporting the Semiconductor Products Group.
* Drive ongoing spending reviews with finance and operations partners, to deliver business commitments toward goals
* Support consolidation and reporting related to financial close, quarterly business reviews, AOP and forecast cycles
* Perform required activities and analysis to complete forecast and close cycles with oversight on recurring tasks
* Support management in completing ad hoc reports and providing basic explanations on standard analysis
* Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations and journal certifications
* Help group to streamline reporting and centralizing information and analytics
* Support the development of top-level models for use in sizing operations or business activity in support of strategic discussions
* Support local/regional reporting requirements for internal / external use
* 2-4 years of corporate finance experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in business/accounting/finance or related field
* Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
* Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $17.2 billion
* Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.2 billion
* Founded: November 10, 1967
* Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
* Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
* Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
* Employees: ~24,000 worldwide
* Patents: ~13,300 issued
'Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020 with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor systems and services remains very strong,' said Gary Dickerson, president and CEO. 'Our future opportunities have never looked better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers' roadmaps and outperform our markets.'
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
* onducts analysis on standard variance activity from recurring transactions
Support for consolidation and reporting related to financial close, QBR, AOP/Commit
Performs required activities and analysis to complete close, flash or commit with oversight on recurring tasks
Support management in completing ad hoc reports and providing basic explanations on standard analysis
Supports the development of top level models for use in sizing operations or business activity in support of strategic discussions
Supports local/regional reporting requirements for internal / external use
* Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
* Business Expertise
* Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
* No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
* Problem Solving
* Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
* Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
* Interpersonal Skills
* Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.