Customer Support Technical Training IV -
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Presents technical training in house and at customer sites, focusing on specialized / customized courses; requires both domestic and international travel; manages classroom/lab activities to assure fulfillment of course objectives; presents and practices safety per procedure; may train during off shift and/or weekends as assigned.
* Maintains product technical knowledge sufficient to prepare and present defined product courses; disseminates new information to staff; completes certification on multiple platforms and/or processes to include safety modules; actively certifies others; establishes new certification requirements.
* Utilizes Technical Publications and System Product Business Groups to maximize technical documentation efficiencies; creates and augments documentation to fill gaps in released materials; evaluates instructor performance; trains others in standard course development process/Instructional System Design (ISD); responsible for course design approval.
* Provides technical expertise and troubleshooting skills to assist with system repairs; ensures system functionality can support course objectives; ensures all safety retrofits are installed on the training systems.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Global Technical Training organization and operations and the AGS organization; informs customers of additional GTT courses/products available; assists marketing in building customer relationships and selling GTT products; analyzes customer issues/needs to determine future training opportunities; presents total training solutions for customer needs.
* Provides coaching and leadership to other instructors; serves as mentor to less senior instructors for class delivery, technical development and certification; anticipates, prevents and resolves customer satisfaction issues.
* Manages multiple projects of diverse scope and complexity; directs project team members.
* Alpha Site support to Engineering in house or on an engineering tool provides review of ECO's; communication to the field
* Supports GPS in the generation of docs.
* Develop new procedures and Best Known Methods
* First chamber Build . Work with Engineering and Manufacturing; participate on New Product final test
* Develop technical materials
* Observe technical activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
* Interview personnel to become familiar with products & methods
* Study tech docs to integrate a technology, operating procedure, production sequence and detail.
* Review published materials and recommends revisions
* Communicates with BUs to obtain current product information for courses updates; represents GTT at divisional meetings.
* Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
* Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
* Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
* Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Travel: 30% (post Covid travel restrictions)
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.