Warehouse / Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Are you a proactive hands-on warehouse person looking to use your customer service skills to build customer loyalty?
* Are you an ambitious, hard working individual interested in career growth?
* Do you have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record?
At Applied Industrial Technologies, the Warehouse/Driver role has an immediate impact on our Service Center performance and customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for an individual with experience in warehouse / customer service duties, good data entry skills, some knowledge of industrial products, and an interest in career growth. Hit the ground running and join the leader in industrial distribution!
As a Warehouse/Driver associate, you will perform a variety of duties required to offer our customers world class service and support. You'll pick up and deliver orders, ship and/or receive materials, and maintain stock areas and inventory. We'll also count on you to use your strong customer service skills when interacting with customers at the Service Center as well as when you're delivering orders.
* Perform various warehouse duties to receive and verify incoming materials, maintain stock areas, prepare sales orders, pick up and deliver orders, stock, and supplies. Verify merchandise and ensure accuracy
* Work from a daily schedule, work orders, verbal and written instructions
* Use motor truck, hand and mobile lift equipment, simple hand and power tools, weighing scales, postage meters
* Operate company vehicle to pick up and deliver orders, equipment, and mail as required. Sort assignments and arrange most efficient route
* Assist in counter and telephone sales, order pulling, customer calls as needed
* Maintain clean driving record
* 1+ yr proven customer service / warehouse experience, ideally in a distribution or parts counter environment
* Basic computer skills, accurate data entry skills, math & mechanical aptitude, basic reading skills
* Use of proper English grammar, written and verbal
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record (MVR)
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and regular lifting of 50 lbs. or more
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Knowledge of industrial distribution products
* Warehouse experience
* Ability to demonstrate teamwork, ambition, innovation, accuracy, integrity, and professionalism
* Desire and ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the working environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and a passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389