WW Visual Merchandising Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about our products and the role of Visual Merchandising to contribute to the overall product experience at Apple? Our team inspires our customers to discover, to learn about and to buy Apple products, services, and accessories through merchandising that delivers a personalized experience like no other. We do this by communicating a focused point of view to build unique Apple experiences, that we then execute flawlessly.
The WW Visual Merchandising Manager is responsible for building the global visual merchandising strategy and setting the foundation for in-store experiences aligned to Apple & Retail's priorities. We are seeking a highly innovative and passionate individual with a track record for creating, partnering, and delivering in-store merchandising experiences.
* Build and drive the global strategy to highlight brand identity and build immersive customer experiences around Apple products and services.
* Drive forward-looking store experience roadmap aligned by line of business, incorporating customer insights, store feedback, and industry trends.
* Develop and oversee merchandising plans and readiness for product launches, campaign moments, and store resets.
* Determine and brief immersive customer experience requirements including signage, digital and interactive content, product displays and fixtures.
* Create and evolve global visual store layouts and approach for optimal customer experience, while driving space allocation for brand impact and profitability, and continually innovate merchandising strategy to support the needs and growth of the business.
* Facilitate constant communication loop with Geo-based teams and Field Merchandising on feedback and strategy handoffs for local implementation.
* Lead partnership and create efficiencies with existing processes, improving implementation in stores, as well as cross-functional workstreams across Retail and Apple, Inc. including Product Marketing, Industrial Design, Product Design, Retail Marketing, Digital Merchandising, Marcom, Customer Insights, and Store Operations.
* Identify and communicate key priorities to generate drive for results, teamwork, and achieving business objectives with inspired team vision and purpose.
* Present regularly to leadership and cross-functional partners.
* Support overnight resets in stores, regular store visits and new store opening activity as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualities:
Strong understanding of the consumer and how visual merchandising supports an outstanding customer experience and drives business.
Ability to drive strategy and develop and influence business relationships at all levels of an organization.
Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence others to get results across a large matrixed organization in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Excellent decision quality with experience in planning and organizing.
Process-centric, with the ability to flex from high-level strategy to fine attention to detail.
Self-starter and takes initiative with an entrepreneurial spirit, as part of a team.
Strong verbal and written communication skilled to operate at a strategic and tactical level.
Experience presenting in formal and informal settings and adept to flex across various audiences and levels of the organization.
Thrives working during intensive periods under bold deadlines.
Previous experience in global brand execution and merchandising focus.
10+ years prior Merchandising or Retail Management experience preferred
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (Business, Marketing, or related degree preferred) or industry equivalent experience.