SRE EPM Manager, Ad Platforms
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy!
The Ad Platforms EPM team is looking for a highly-functioning, self-driven, and versatile leader who can manage a team of EPMs to drive our site reliability projects. These projects are key to our overall operations and business growth. You will own delivery responsibilities on projects that seek to build out scalable platforms and reliable infrastructure for core systems and applications across heterogeneous environments. This will happen while also adhering to the highest levels of privacy and security that Apple holds. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring your team to work through project dependencies, risks, and deliver measurable outcomes against timelines - in a fast-paced environment!
This involves the opportunity to collaborate closely with engineers and architects to define, refine, and/or refactor approaches, designs, and architectures. Applying relevant prior experiences to address new and exciting challenges that face our organization in the future.
* 7+ years of project experiences involving scalable platforms and resilient architectures (preferably with site reliability engineering, operations, dev-ops, microservices, and/or cloud architectures)
* 5+ years experience in roles such as Technical Project Manager, Technical Product Owner, Engineering Manager, and/or Solution Architect in a relevant field
* Minimum of 2 years of people management experience, with 2 or more contributors directly reporting to you
* Experience managing budgets for an organization, and are able to improve the processes
* Clear and effective communicator, and enjoy collaborative problem solving
* Experience delivering cloud migration projects is a plus
* Consulting experience is a plus but not required
* Own SRE projects, as well as maintain overall responsibility of your team's projects. This includes being accountable of project delivery, work breakdowns, resource planning, and day-to-day project management - Apply knowledge of our hardware and platform architecture to plan, drive, and deliver initiatives including, but not limited to, virtualization, cloud solutions, platform upgrades and extensions, and installation of new and upgraded hardware - Partner with EPM, engineering, and Product teams to identify site reliability requirements and drive out dependencies, overall roadmap, and delivery milestones - Work closely with SRE technology leadership to form strategic plans and chip in towards overall technology direction. This includes technical debt assessment, strategy, and tracking - Negotiate the sequencing and timing of delivery with technology leadership, Product, and engineering teams. Assess delivery risks, propose and take action on mitigations, and escalate to the technology leadership team if needed - Understand and articulate delivery impact to stakeholders such as end consumers, the business, and other Apple teams - Develop and implement communication strategies for advising our group of critical updates, their timing, impacts, and success and failures - Help define and drive organization strategy as it aligns with leadership direction - Coach and mentor your team in Agile methodologies, while tailoring the specifics to work well with Apple's ecosystem, toolsets, and methods
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field and experience building, maintaining, and extending production systems.