Sr. Technical Product Manager, Digital Asset Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Technology team in Apple's Worldwide Marketing Communications (Marcom) group is responsible for a number of areas including systems infrastructure and internal tools used by Apple business partners across the globe. The team implements solutions for Marcom's unique needs in the Planning, Workflow, Localization and Digital Asset Management domains.
The Technical Product Manager: Digital Asset Management focuses on developing a deep knowledge of Marcom's content development processes for a diverse portfolio of digital assets at massive scale. Using this knowledge and extensive experience with enterprise DAM, implement and evangelize solutions which will streamline Marcom's content management workflow. A key part of the job is understanding end-to-end business processes in the Asset Management realm and working with solution providers to implement solutions that meet these business needs.
This role blends strategic and tactical skills providing thought leadership and comprehensive ownership of the success of the DAM program. This role includes creating short and long term plans for solutions as well as demonstrated tactical product management skills to build detailed documentation of workflows, requirements, prioritization, return on investment, program execution, and evangelism. Success is defined by the ability to create a detailed and measurable plan, achieve adoption of the DAM across the Marcom organization, and devise a long term growth and enhancement plan with attainable scope and clear priorities.
* 10+ years experience in Product Management demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities in a complex enterprise or marketing environment.
* Deep knowledge and hands on experience with enterprise level digital asset management systems, within a global, product based company.
* Demonstrated ability to conceive of and implement asset management strategies in a complex, diverse organization with different workflow and needs.
* Strong tactical product management skills with experience developing product strategy documentation appropriate for technical teams, partners, and upper management.
* Demonstrated ability to develop broad perspective on an organization and can use that knowledge to develop new strategies and options for DAM.
* Ability to adjust your interpersonal approach to individuals and situations as needed to effectively work with others.
* Effectively communicate with global partners with varied marketing and technical strengths.
* Persistence to discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for services requested.
* Understand complex technical projects and can quickly learn about new technologies and solutions to lead their implementation.
* Expertise in creating and defining metadata structures, metadata management policies, and management workflows
* Hands-on technical experience with library systems, content management solutions, or other large searchable databases used in the creation of marketing content, i.e. web pages, media, or research.
* Demonstrated success implementing digital asset management solutions and workflows in a complex, product based marketing enterprise within a creative environment.
* Success as a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team. Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
* Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
* Outstanding attention to detail in creating project workflows, schedules, and documentation.
* Excellent oral and written communicator, with great interpersonal skills. Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
* Fanatical about creating order from disorder. Understands the right level of process and can create detailed documentation tailored for the specific details of this project.
* Solid technical background with experience leading technical projects.
* Understands software development methodologies, Agile practitioner preferred.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator), print and interactive image production, or digital video technologies (including video production workflows).
* Working Knowledge of UNIX/Linux, enterprise data storage, and networks a strong plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: - Become immersed in the creative Marcom environment to gain a thorough understanding of needs. - Identify unique ways to organize and manage the entire digital asset lifecycle from creation to distribution, production, and archiving. - Find elegant and creative solutions to regular system issues in the everyday use and access to Marcom's DAM. - Create clear and detailed user stories and acceptance criteria to identify and prioritize requirements and workflow. - Develop, document, and implement a rich asset metadata structure incorporating industry standards and Marcom's unique requirements. - Develop a thorough understanding of Marcom Global needs and how these differ from needs of US teams to create solutions which work for Marcom teams worldwide. - Manage relationships with vendors, contractors, and third parties using Marcom's DAM system to manage input and meet user needs. - Understand tools available internally and externally to devise solutions that are flexible for our organization's use while making our process more efficient. - Develop, schedule, and conduct user training for multiple US and global audiences both internal and external to Marcom. - Participate and influence Apple's larger Digital Asset Management enterprise direction and solutions - Clearly present proposals, status, and solutions to multiple levels of Marcom teams and management. - Demonstrate an understanding of legal issues around asset use and create solutions that serve both creative and legal requirements. - Partner with Marcom IT organization to implement and customize enterprise tools to Marcom's requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience