Social Marketing Lead, Apple Music
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Apple is looking for a Social Marketing Manager to bring to life the organic social marketing strategy and program for Apple Music, covering owned and operated channels as well as artist and partner channels. The ideal candidate is passionate about music and culture, has experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives, and knows how to effectively leverage social to tell impactful stories and cultivate an engaged audience.
* 5+ years experience in digital/social marketing in the music, entertainment, sports, and/or lifestyle space
* 3+ years managing agencies and vendors
* Futuristic thinker and creative problem-solver to ensure Apple Music is uniquely ahead of the curve, cementing a position as a leader in innovative social storytelling
* Tuned in to cultural trends and conversations in fashion, sports, tech, and music
* Understanding of media, technology, and the ever-changing landscape of social platforms, audiences, and behaviors
* Experience working directly with creators, artists, and other external partners to collaborate on social marketing efforts
* Ability to understand and use data to inform strategic decisions, including audience insights, platform trends, content performance benchmarks, social listening, etc.
* Collaborative and team-oriented approach resulting in shared success
* Experience working in a multifaceted environment
* Excellent storytelling and presentation skills
* Ability to work nimbly and navigate ambiguity with confidence
* Strong leadership and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates professionalism and work ethic with the ability to set boundaries
* Excellent communicator and collaborator, pitching new ideas and gaining buy-in across multiple teams and leadership
* Experience managing large budgets
* Ability to juggle multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously
* Experience working with high-profile talent on high-stakes projects
* Develop social-first concepts and programs that feed into Apple Music's owned social channels as well as artist and partner channels - Lead social briefings for campaigns, formats, and initiatives - Work with multiple cross-functional teams on planning and executing integrated campaigns and projects on social - Evangelize social best practices to cross-functional teams and stakeholders, internally and externally - Demonstrate thought leadership and perspective around best in class social trends, ideas, and strategy - Hands-on support for programming and publishing, as needed, across owned social channels - On-call nights and weekends as needed - Manage agency relationships
Education & Experience
Bachelors or equivalent work experience