Senior Finance Associate, Central Finance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
Do you love to problem solve and think analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. You will support Apple's growth by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of success.
The Senior Finance Associate will be an integral part of the Central Finance team and will work on various financial and related tasks including collecting, extracting, analyzing, processing, and speaking to financial data in a timely and accurate manner to primarily support Apple's Legal teams, including the Patent Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Competition Law, Trademark, and Transactions teams.
This unique role has high degree of exposure to a wide variety of financials and related data across Apple's products and services, as well as direct exposure to Apple's various financial teams and related business units.
* 5+ years of finance or related experience required, e.g., financial consulting, litigation / damages consulting, corporate finance.
* Thorough understanding of and experience with accounting and financial statement analysis and strong analytical skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate complex financial data and concepts in simple business terms.
* Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Proficient in working with cross-functional teams across different levels of management.
* Strong prioritization skills with a proven track record of successfully and simultaneously managing multiple complex projects while under pressure and meeting critical deadlines.
* Highly motivated self-starter, with an ability to think strategically and motivate change as needed.
* Familiarity with litigation processes, including discovery, declarations, damages calculations, and deposition and trial proceedings is a plus.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO): Reporting to a Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Associate will work closely with our Legal teams to provide financial data in conjunction with litigations, trademark filings, and transactions/licensing.
Develop a working knowledge of Apple's key financial and related data and its internal financial systems.
Develop strong working relationships and rapport with finance and related business teams across the Company to obtain and understand various requested financials and related data.
Refine existing data gathering, analyzing, and producing processes, as well as create new processes and systems as data needs change.
Work with the Legal team to create standards of reporting that readily and consistently fulfill the ever-changing information needs. Present data in a clearly understandable manner, both visually and verbally.
Understand the key drivers of Apple's business in order to provide judgment that informs what data best meets the strategic objectives of the Legal team.
Perform detailed research of economic and financial issues arising in legal matters including mapping component and product data, obtaining company financial documents, and summarizing relevant information.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required. MBA and/or CPA is a plus. Highly proficient in spreadsheet and database skills and experience required. Familiarity with common financial and related systems such as SAP, Business Objects, and Tableau preferred.