Product Marketing Manager, Apple Watch
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine everything you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish!
We are currently seeking a dynamic, successful product marketing professional to join the Apple Watch Product Marketing group. You will be part of a team helping define and market new products and features as Apple continues to lead in the smartwatch, wearable, fitness, and health categories. This includes working both inbound and outbound to drive the development, introduction, and life cycle of best in class products, features and technologies. Dynamic, creative people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. We are looking for a passionate person with a drive for creating new products and new customer experiences to join this amazing team. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
* Experience working closely with cross-functional teams from both in-bound product development and out-bound product marketing perspectives.
* Requires strong oral and written communication skills, as well as shown success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level.
* Previous experience working with press and media.
* Successful track record formulating product messaging and creating outbound marketing.
* A dedicated self-starter who demonstrates creative and critical thinking and utilizes data and intuition to drive decisions.
* The ability to balance multiple projects, adapt to change and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
* You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
* Experience and knowledge of smartwatch, wearable, fitness, health and/or other related consumer products or operating systems preferred.
* Requires international and domestic travel.
Work on a global cross-functional team with hardware and software engineering, industrial and product design, marketing communications, public relations, and others throughout the complete product lifecycle. Evaluate emerging technologies, look to consumer, societal, and industry trends and make recommendations for future products. Collect global customer, developer, and partner requirements for new product features. Focus, simplify, and manage difficult trade-offs involving features, technologies, schedule, line positioning, and lifecycle management. Discern the most important new product opportunities while contributing to the development of the overall Apple Watch product line strategy. Define product positioning and key product messages. Possess expert knowledge of the competitive landscape. Communicate and position the product in relation to other products and the competition. Work with marketing communications and PR on to develop product launch activities, press releases, and marketing materials. Travel the world as the ambassador for your product attending trade shows, visiting customers, and delivering press and influencer briefings.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, MS/MA/MBA preferred.
* Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California.