Mechanical CAD Application Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apple is looking for an experienced and hardworking NX (Mechanical CAD) Solutions Architect to join the Mechanical Engineering Tools & Solutions (METS) Architecture team. This role requires a keen understanding of the NX and Teamcenter toolsets and how to improve those systems for our users. Be part of a tight-knit team revolutionizing the way engineering collaboration works at Apple. You'll support groups that build the groundbreaking technologies used in our products today. The team you will be joining is a complementary team of applications specialists, backend developers, and system administrators. Together, you and our team will enable engineers to do phenomenal work to build phenomenal products.
* 10+ years of confirmed experience in all areas of NX and Teamcenter PLM implementation.
* Deep expertise in NX Modules, deployment, customization, configuration, administration, installation, CAD integrations, and best practices.
* Domain knowledge in CAD Data Management, Change Management, BOM Management, MCAD/ECAD Integration, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and other design areas.
* Very good functional understanding and usage of various NX modules like Modeling, Drafting, Assembly, Sheet Metal, Routing, PCBX, Visualization, etc.
* Ability to map and align functional requirements to NX OOTB applications to provide best in class architecture & solution.
* Highly flexible and work in a high pressure, multidisciplinary, agile environment.
* Possess good interpersonal skills, communication, presentation abilities.
* Extremely self-motivated, hardworking, and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
* Minimum Requirements: Experience to include solid understanding in NX and Teamcenter Applications and solution development. Minimum of 10 years' experience in NX and Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with our users to understand their requirements and impact their experience through the design and implementation of new features and customizations. This role requires the ability to communicate clearly to users and teammates alike to best implement new features. Design and implement technical solutions to tackle sophisticated business problems and deliver new capabilities. Influence, analyze, and drive business requirements to support program needs. Deliver outstanding CAD & PLM solutions to the end customer to improve speed, business process efficiency, and reduction in errors. Investigate new and emerging state of the art technologies applicable to the Mechanical CAD space. Provide business, functional, technical expertise across NX modules and related products. Understand and identify scope, timeline, and technical details of solution delivery. Collaborate with and integrate various multi-functional enterprise systems. Develop documentation, deliver presentations and training on solutions. Work with external vendors and contractors to develop and qualify solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent#06022021