Display EE Platform Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an electric engineer who can architect the next generation display technology for various Apple products. In this unique position, you will be learning & pushing the limits of panel technology, proposing various compensation algorithms for SoC or other silicon, prototyping the target performance in executive demo, and supporting product development to mass production.
An average day in this wide-dynamic position could include hands-on characterization of electro-optical performance, image processing for data analysis, proposing design iterations for panel or new algorithms, system integration of the proposal, prototype demo, presentation and documentation of the proposals for cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrate engineering passion, intuition, and inquisitiveness.
* Excellence in at least one area of chip design (analog/ mixed-signal/ digital) with proved record of leading publications.
* Hands-on lab experience including data acquisition and measurement automation.
* Circuit simulation experience such as HSPICE or Spectre is required.
* Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
* Experience in electro-optics systems, such as camera or image sensor or lidar is a plus.
* Strong python and Matlab scripting skill are a plus.
* Investigate new technologies for next generation products - Design display EE architecture and prototype, bring-up, characterize the feature. - Establish electro-optical performance metrics and requirements through measurement and modeling. - Propose design iteration or compensation algorithm, prototype demo presentation and documentation for cross-functional team.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE degree plus minimum 5 years work experience.