Camera and Photos - Camera Software Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, hardworking people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here.
Are you interested in managing a team that is working on the latest camera features for the iPhone? We are the Camera Algorithms team, and we're looking for a hands-on and experience engineering manager.
Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product!
* Experience leading and developing a team of highly skilled engineers
* Deep knowledge in image processing, computer vision and machine learning
* Strong programming, debugging, and design skills
* Ability to lead several concurrent projects
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
* Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while authoritatively driving multiple projects across many teams
* Obsessively hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
* Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
The ideal candidate for this role is experienced in leading a development team, is highly technical, and knows how to increase their impact by guiding the efforts of the team.
The candidate needs to show initiative, take ownership of a problem area, and assume responsibility for leading all the related aspects that need to be coordinated to achieve success. The candidate should also be able to make intelligent compromises between several contradictory factors such as ease of use, performance and efficiency.
The position will involve leading significant aspects of user facing machine learning enabled Camera features in future iOS releases.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Image Processing, Computer Vision, or Machine Learning or equivalent work experience
* Experience in GPU programming and Bayesian statistics is a plus