Business Demand Planner, Apple Cloud Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a team transforming the way Apple plans, strategizes and delivers its cloud infrastructure footprint! We are seeking an experienced Business Demand Planner who responsible for driving infrastructure planning process. This is a cross functional and strategic role, working with engineering, operations and finance teams.
* 7-10 years of experience in business planning, operations, supply chain, or related fields.
* Strong verbal/written skills with an ability to distill complex ideas into concise, high impact communications.
* Experience presenting to senior leadership, up to and including VP level.
* Able to manage through ambiguity and respond quickly to new requirements and data in a highly dynamic environment.
* Advanced modeling and predictive analytical skills; 'Advanced User' of MS Excel with outstanding Excel techniques.
* VBA, Python, SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools a plus.
* Proven cross-functional program management with ability to rapidly develop working understanding in new areas quickly.
* Deep understanding of various cloud architectures (e.g. micro-services vs monolithic) and associated operations models.
* Able to influence in a multi-functional matrix organization.
* Self starter mentality with a strong leadership drive.
In this position, you will be responsible for driving the planning process for Apple Cloud Services to support Apple's applications, including customer-facing ones like iCloud, Apple Pay and Apple Music. You'll be part of a small team dedicated to building out the Cloud Services Business Demand Planning function. You'll work with cross functional business partners to aggregate capacity or demand. Own, define and create the entire suite of reporting for infrastructure requirements, which will drive meaningful insights on infrastructure planning and product deployment. Propose strategies on how to optimize the planning and delivery of those infrastructure requirements, including buffer assessment, inventory management and liability management. Work with managers and directors to review requirements, schedules and analyses in order to obtain approval for procuring and deploying infrastructure. Manage risks, schedules, and stakeholders to successfully launch infrastructure programs supporting a wide array of Apple services. Regularly present to leadership (managers, directors and VP). Create and drive process implementation and new tool development.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in business, operations, finance, engineering, or a related field. MBA is a nice to have.