Sr. Product Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world's most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry's most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We're truth tellers - respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don't give up.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Sr. Product Designer who is passionate about solving problems within the AI space. You will work from the beginning to the end of product building from conceptualizing ideas into testable prototypes to delivering engineering-ready UI assets. Working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Machine Learning, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success you will get to design new products and improve existing ones.
* Build out the user experience for specific product initiatives while partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and Machine Learning.
* Work with our existing Design System and help scale it.
* Conduct and facilitate workshops, interviews, and other research in order to validate design decisions.
* Communicate with customers and internal users to gather feedback on current and future products, in partnership with product managers.
* Translate research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features.
* Communicate ideas and concepts by building low and high-fidelity prototypes to capture end-to-end UX flows and micro-interactions.
* Deliver engineering ready UI assets with impeccable visual design.
* Create high quality and consistently usable, beautiful and inspiring product features.
* Work on initiatives that elevate the design of our products.
* Coach and mentor other designers on the team.
* Some experience designing products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products within an agile environment.
* Proficient in visual/UI design. You are passionate about staying up to date, you have a good eye for spotting good design and crafting engaging interactions.
* Portfolio of relevant design work, executed by yourself that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love.
* Ability to empathize with all kinds of users providing ease, trust, and delight.
* You have both soft and hard skills. You are the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering and get the team to envision what could be.
* You are constantly sketching and iterating on user flows and UI patterns.
* Interest in designing intelligent interfaces powered by machine learning systems that assist and augment human intelligence.
* A passion for customer-driven and user-centered design. Eager to co-facilitate design thinking sessions with product and design leads and help conduct other research processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.