Computer Vision Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appen is the world's leading innovative technology company, providing high-quality language and data services for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen is headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and has subsidiaries in the United States, United Kingdom, Philippines, and China. Appen has more than 20 years of experience in collecting and processing a variety of data, including data types such as speech, text, and images, etc. Appen has a pool of more than 1 million prequalified crowd resources around the world able to provide data collection and processing services in more than 180 languages. Appen's clients include global leaders in high-tech, automotive, e-commerce, etc. and governments to help them develop and improve products and technologies based on natural language understanding and machine learning. Appen is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange with stock code: APX
About this role
Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produce the best machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high quality in a scalable way is very challenging, and very few companies can do it. The whole AI world is starving for great training data. Appen is the market lead in training data generation field for more than 22 years and generates all kinds of training data like content relevance, image & video, text, and audio, as well as data capturing.
Appen Tech team is solving the AI data problem by combining the power of humans and technology. This world-class and exciting engineering position awaits a qualified candidate, who will join Appen's data science team.
We are seeking a senior data scientist with hands-on expertise in computer vision, software development, and machine learning to build AI solutions to improve millions of annotators' efficiency at scale. You get the opportunity to work with our global tech team from Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Sydney. It is a leading data company with a start-up culture. And we only want people who want to make a huge impact on the AI world instead of just a job!
* Develop computer vision algorithms for automating manual annotation tasks, which include image/video/Lidar object detection, segmentation, and tracking, and many more use cases.
* Work with the teams to build human-in-the-loop AI/ML solutions in the computer vision domain to improve annotation efficiency and quality.
Skills and Experience:
* MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position.
* Minimum of 1-4 years of industry experience in AI/ML field
* Hands-on experience with software development, and data processing pipelines,
* Familiar with Python, or other programming languages. Experience in PyTorch or Tensorflow.
* Solid understanding of various deep learning and machine learning algorithms
* Good communications skills, both verbal and written in English
* Ability to work independently to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
* Autonomous vehicle experience preferred.
* Multiple object tracking experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.