Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Developer (SQL/.Net)
Apollo Insurance Solutions Group seeks Senior Developer (SQL/.Net Developer) to join its Application Development and Support team focused on database and application development for its headquarters based in El Segundo, CA. The Application Development and Support Team consists of both analysts and developers that provide critical support for all applications and its integration with Accounting and other downstream systems. The candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization as an individual contributor while also being part of a 'high-performance' application development team. Technology is central to our success and key to maintaining our competitive edge.
* Understanding of Fixed Income, Derivative, Equity instruments and analytic systems is required for this role.
* This individual should have the technical proficiency in a cross-technology production environment and should be adept in writing SQL commands, write stored procedures, create SSIS packages, SSRS reports and navigating relational databases to resolve investment data issues.
* This individual should have some knowledge of Visual Studio .Net and programming with C#, ASP.Net
* Track, execute, resolve, and report on support and enhancement requests, in a timely and thorough manner.
* Resolve periodic production support issues as they arise.
* Make recommendations that lead to efficiency related opportunities and outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5 plus years asset management industry experience highly desirable
* Strong SQL query skills and experience with SQL Server relational databases and tools
* Experience in SSIS/SSRS preferred
* Experience in C#, ASP .Net, MVC and VBA is a plus
* Strong understanding of investment data, Equity, Fixed income and Derivatives instruments and analytics
* Familiarity with TFS or any other source code versioning system
* Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a business audience
* Team oriented and collaborative
* Experience working with offshore development team
* CFA or work toward a CFA is a plus
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable law.