AAG - Intermediate Linux Admin
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apogee is seeking an Intermediate Linux Admin for the Army's Analytic Group (AAG) located in Fairfield, CA.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee's culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
* Configuration of Linux and Unix machine in a On-Premises and Cloud Environment.
* Capacity planning, and resource management.
* Supporting variety of software stacks for production applications.
* Using Ansible and other orchestration tools to optimize deployments.
* Develop tool kits to make administration easier.
* Assist in patch management and keeping systems secure.
What you will need to have:
* A desire to learn and help fill in where needed
* An interest in take on a role of security specialist on the Unix/Linux side to parse logs from all systems.
* DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
* A security clearance required for this role
* Experience with RedHat/CentOS environments (RCSE Preferred or ability to obtain in first 6 months.)
* Network and/or Firewall systems administration experience.
* Familiarity with Risk Management Frameworks.