Employment Type: Full-Time
The Shipping Assistant ensures the timely shipping of products to customers; including picking, packing, and verifying customer orders. This position performs other shipping-related duties such as consolidating packages and preparing manifests.
* Picks, packs, verifies, and processes customer orders to be shipped via local couriers or commercial carriers using various software suites
* Creates and transmits carrier manifests using Worldlink
* Processes paperwork and packages for delivery to other locations
* Notifies Customer Care and Key Accounts personnel of incomplete/inaccurate customer addresses
* Utilizes computers, printers and custom software in a Windows-based environment to complete tasks and ship final product.
* Manages department inventory using ERP software
* Troubleshoots problems, submits work orders accordingly, and communicates issues with management as necessary
* Adheres to safety regulations, SOPs, and contamination controls
* Communicates with all levels of peers and management
* Demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values
* Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
* Previous shipping experience preferred
* Working knowledge of commercial shipping practices preferred
Other Job Qualifications
* Ability to handle internal and customer materials properly and safely
* Ability to multitask and work efficiently
* Ability to be flexible with work schedule as dictated by business needs
* Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
* Ability to use aids and work instructions effectively to perform job functions
* Ability to interact professionally with customers, employees, vendors and all levels of management
* Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
* Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
* Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
* Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
* Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
* Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.