Risk Analyst Intern II
Employment Type: Full-Time
SHIFT: Day Job
_Your Talent. Our Vision._ AT ANTHEM, INC., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will DRIVE THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The RISK ANALYST INTERN will be responsible for reporting and process automation that will allow us to help our members stay healthy.
_Primary responsibilities include supporting:_
- Working with the Risk Adjustment and Coding team to create new reports that serve the business needs of the team
- Automate reporting processes where possible to provide accurate data to the executive team in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with IT and Data Science teams to tie together disparate reports into a cohesive narrative.
_Functions OR examples of projects for this role:_
- Analyze data for a specific market or provider using any of the following tools:MS Excel, SQL Server, Alteryx, SAS and Tableau.
- Create graphs and charts using the data to provide underlying insights and actionable intelligence
- Pursuing a degree in Business, STEM, or other related degrees
- Interested in demonstrating and learning critical thinking skills and problem-solving creativity
- Coding experience preferred but not required.
- This internship is from June to December and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.