Lex Frieden Inclusive Policy & Advocacy Intern - Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
SHIFT: Day Job
_Your Talent. Our Vision._ AT ANTHEM, INC., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will DRIVE THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
As part of Anthem’s Inclusive Policy & Advocacy Team within Public Affairs, the **INCLUSIVE POLICY & ADVOCACY INTERN** will assist in ensuring people with disabilities and older adults are included in healthcare and essential life discussions that will affect independence and access to care and services, as well as reducing healthcare disparities and equities.
This position will be hosted virtually and intern candidates will need to demonstrate a blend of talents and skills including:
- have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- knowledge of business software including Microsoft Windows Suite, internet based research techniques, and professional social media management,
- excellent writing skills and the ability to read and summarize legislation, regulations, policy, and healthcare,
- good time management,
- ability to work independently as well as on a team.
**_Primary responsibilities include:_**
- Policy and demographic research
- Tracking relevant legislation and news impacting disability and healthcare related policy
- Engagement with disability and aging stakeholders
- Stakeholder meeting and conference planning and participation
- Reviewing and responding to Requests for Proposals, and collateral development
- Work with internal stakeholders in areas such as Inclusion & Diversity, Commercial and Medicaid business divisions, Public Policy, Business Development, as well as with individuals in the external advocacy, provider, and legislative communities