Behavioral Health Intern II
Employment Type: Full-Time
SHIFT: Day Job
_Your Talent. Our Vision._ AT ANTHEM, INC., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will DRIVE THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTERN will be responsible for…
- Telephonic outreach to members eligible for behavioral health case management programs.
- Scheduling appointments or enroll members in programs.
- Assisting members with benefits and community resources
- Identifying barriers to accessing care, plan compliance and assist with coordination of resolutions.
- Identifying opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Recommending treatment plan modifications and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Assisting in the referral and coordination to medical neighborhood and resources.
- Preparing reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Listening and participating in clinical rounds, as appropriate
The Behavioral Health Intern, (modeled after the Outreach Care Specialist position) will have the opportunity to participate in direct member telephonic outreach, engaging with members to identify social and medical coordination needs. The intern will work under supervision and partner closely with the clinical case management team to address less clinically complex cases and for proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members.
Additionally, this BH Intern will shadow a member health care experience from utilization management through case management to discharge, understanding a member managed care experience and outcomes. The BH Intern will be exposed to broader team meetings and activities related to case management, utilization management, basic quality of care practices and compliance and regulatory activities.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, BSW students (Psychology, Social Work, Social Services or similar) preferred
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Pre-existing knowledge of HIPPA, medical terminology, and/or healthcare procedures is a plus
- Interest in gaining knowledge in Medicare is a plus
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.