Employment Type: Full-Time
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: UX Designer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
As the Senior Designer in Anthem.ai's design group you'll bring your strong visual design and problem solving skills to deliver cohesive and compelling interface designs for a new generation of data-intensive, digital products used by healthcare professionals, practices, and patients. You'll be responsible for helping to design visual language and interfaces that are very approachable, but also have the necessary depth to help people understand complex data to improve peoples' health. You're comfortable with all phases of the design process-from early stage product discovery to developing and iterating on mature products.
Responsible for working with other designers, digital product managers and the technology teams to create and implement best in class design solutions across our product lines.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
* Designs web and mobile layouts, designs conversions across devices, and supports supplementary design requirements, like photo editing and preparing comps for presentations.
* Works with senior designers to produce style guidelines defining our products¿ visual identity.
* Creates the best design production based on project needs
In this role, you'll be a key designer in 'what' the user sees, touches and experiences in these next generation, AI driven healthcare tools. You love to dive deep into new spaces - researching your users' needs, workflows, motivations and how things work in their realities. You equally love to explore a wide range of concepts, collaborating with teammates to quickly iterate, validate and refine ideas together. You're an organized, flexible, and motivated self-starter, comfortable working in short iterations, providing insights and view constraints as opportunities. You have a track record of working in diverse environments and, ideally on successful early to emerging-stage projects. You must be comfortable working with projects that are evolving quickly.
You have at least 5+ years of experience of experience designing and developing highly engaging products and/or user interfaces for consumer or healthcare products. Your portfolio shows you've shipped engaging, successful experiences with strong narratives, on a variety of platforms (desktop, mobile, game consoles, etc), including at least 3 on iOS or Android. Your portfolio demonstrates great design craft from initial problem definition, to research and exploration thru to final design detailing. The ideal portfolio/reel shows you have:
* The ability to define the visual direction of a substantial part of a large project, or a complete smaller project.
* Strong rapid visualization skills for quickly generating, iterating and visually pitching your ideas as concept sketches, storyboards, etc.
* Great foundational visual design skills (e.g.; layout, composition, typography, color) that show mastery in presenting complex visual information with awareness for information hierarchy, flow and context, including states and transitions.
* The ability to work comfortably in a wide array of styes, including a style set by another designer.
* A breadth of artistic/design styles
* Excellent storytelling skills that evoke a range of emotions.
* Flexibility in your ability to work at the appropriate level of visual fidelity (thumbnailing, sketching, wireframing, designing and polishing).
* Ability to remain faithful to project's creative direction regardless of style, technology, platform or user demographics.
* And while not a requirement, illustration or motion graphics are a bonus.
(These describe what we think might be the right person for this role. We don't expect every candidate to have all of these. The most important thing is that you have a broad toolbox, a flexible mind and can work quickly to explore, iterate and improve ideas on target platforms, regardless of where an idea comes. You must love to learn.)
You should have a sense of humor. This work is hard, but playfulness is a crucial ingredient to great design work and the ideal candidate has a Bachelors' in Graphic, Interaction, Industrial or Production Design, Motion Graphics, Medical Illustration, Scientific Visualization, User Experience or a related field, or equivalent experience. Experience in B2B environments, healthcare or other regulated sectors, is a plus, but so is experience in rich emotionally-driven consumer interfaces such as game design, theme park design, location-based entertainment, or high-end retail.
Requires a BA/BS in a design discipline; 5+ years of experience including 3-5 years working in a consumer facing design capacity; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Master's preferred.
You must reside in the USA and the ideal candidate will be located within commuting distance of Palo Alto, Chicago or Atlanta for when we return to in-person work. When applying, please be sure to include a link to your current portfolio.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.