VP of Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
VP of Engineering
Redwood City, CA /
Engineering - Engineering Operations /
Apply for this job
Anomali, founded in 2013, is the recognized leader in intelligence-driven cybersecurity. More than 1,500 public and private sector organizations rely on Anomali to see and detect threats more quickly, reduce the risk of security breaches, and improve security operations productivity. Anomali solutions serve customers around the world in nearly every major industry vertical, including many of the Global 2000. As an early threat intelligence innovator, Anomali was founded in 2013 and is backed by leading venture firms including GV, Paladin Capital Group, In-Q-Tel, Institutional Venture Partners, and General Catalyst. Learn more at www.anomali.com.
Quite simply our sole mission is to help make enterprises more secure and maximize the return on their security investments. Anomali helps organizations find and respond to cyber threats. We bring to your security and threat intelligence teams the one thing that's been missing - external context. With Anomali you can now identify suspicious or malicious traffic before it even reaches your network. We turn threat intelligence into your cyber no-fly list, and seamlessly integrate this with your existing internal security and IT systems.
Anomali is looking for a Vice President (VP) of Engineering for its Global engineering team across the Americas and Europe. This position reports to the CTO and is based in Redwood City, CA. The engineering team's mission is to build innovative, market-defining products and help the business grow and scale. In this role, you'll manage the global based engineering team that also uses a global co-sourcing model for efficiency and quality, collaborate with local and remote product managers, support the company's product vision, and maintain compliance with quality standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that all products meet the specified design requirements with quality assurance and deliver a consistent experience for users.
The focus areas for this position include software development, defining key metrics for measuring engineering efforts towards product and quality goals, aligning resources towards business priorities, and ensuring engineering execution is in line with the company's global product roadmap. The criteria for success for this role include on-time product delivery, system uptime, software resilience, quality assurance and innovative and pragmatic problem solving.
The successful candidate will -
* Build, develop, and manage a team that focuses on initiatives and delivers with velocity and quality
* Enjoy and has experience in launching new products and forging newly created categories in the market
* Define, measure, and report metrics for engineering efforts towards product goals and align resources towards business priorities
* Understand and collaborate on complete product lifecycle, from concept to execution
* Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
* Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects
* Work with executive teams, creating the engineering strategy, product planning, and overseeing quality assurance
* Keep all trains running on time and with best in class productivity
This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer. Notwithstanding this position will have exposure to our President and Chief Innovator and there will be significant interaction and cooperation with the whole executive team who will all participate in the selection process. For focused individuals who thrive in an environment of change and who have demonstrated a highly successful track record, this position provides high visibility and growth opportunities. While we seek an independent, autonomous and creative performer, this individual must also be a 'team player' who can successfully partner within the company.
Performance Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* BS/MS in Engineering, Technical, or Scientific field, or equivalent experience
* 15+ years of experience building out cloud/on-premise applications
* Extensive SaaS and distributed systems engineering experience
* Experience leading large enterprise software engineering/product development organizations
* Extensive expertise in the areas of tooling, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting and software products
* Experience developing and implementing effective metrics to measure product delivery success
* Experience developing security-oriented software is desirable
* Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to attract, develop, coach, and retain top talent
* A player/coach manager who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done
* Expert executive communication and organizational skills. Experience in aligning with cross-functional senior executives on a message and/or program and communicating its value to the broader organization
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
* Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
* Background in the cybersecurity industry a plus
* Technical acumen but with the ability to translate it with business value
* High intellect and the capacity to multitask
* Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
Anomali has a powerful and palpable culture. It is egalitarian meritocracy where people are encouraged to both listen and to express their opinions. While clearly focused on the customer, there is a commitment to diversity and the benefits that come with a multinational workforce and orientation. Individuals work hard but their efforts are rewarded financially and from career perspective. Adherence to ethical conduct and consistently high integrity behaviors are the rule.
* A highly consultative Engineering professional with superb interpersonal and communications
* Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
* High level of ethical behavior
* A creative thinker who's not afraid to share ideas and give (and receive) both positive and negative feedback
* A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
* Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment
* Strong work ethic
* Sophistication regarding multicultural issues.
* The desire for a long-term opportunity to further develop his/her career by making an ongoing contribution to a growing technology company.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their ability, qualifications and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely on the basis of merit without regard to an individual's disability, race, religion, sex, age or sexual orientation. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Anomali and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job