Strategic Business Development Partner - Enterprise, Market Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Strategic Business Development Partner - Enterprise (Menlo Park)
Andreessen Horowitz (known as 'a16z') is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $16.5B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We've established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We've invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Market Development team accelerates time-to-market for the a16z portfolio. The group advises portfolio teams on their go-to-market strategy across sales, marketing, and business development. Additionally, the team creates commercial and strategic partnership opportunities for the portfolio with its network of Global 2000 executives. Through these efforts, the team strives to support each portfolio company in its pursuit of product-market-fit and commercialization at scale.
We are looking for someone with a strong passion to accelerate the impact of new enterprise technologies in the global landscape. As a Strategic Business Development Partner, you will be responsible for (1) managing relationships with a network of enterprise technology buyers and business executives in high tech Fortune 500/Global 2000 and SaaS 100 companies, (2) matching the innovation initiatives of these executives with portfolio companies and a16z partners to gain insights on trends in technology and to create partnership opportunities, (3) counseling portfolio companies on their key go-to-market initiatives, and (4) managing a small team of business development partners.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
* Build and cultivate some of the most strategic corporate relationships for the firm with high tech companies.
* Build strategic long-term relationships and understand their business challenges and how we can help by being a trusted resource for tip of the spear innovation.
* Connect a16z partners and portfolio companies to the network through introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences.
* Lead a small team of professionals, helping them grow their careers.
* Collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* 10+ years of business development, enterprise sales, and sales management experience in the high tech industry.
* Worked at a fast-growing enterprise software startup or large enterprise software company.
* Track record developing long-term relationships and executing on large deals and partnerships with enterprise organizations at C-Level and Board levels.
* Passionate about enterprise technology, and knowledgeable about cloud, SaaS, security, and/or data and analytics.
* Ability to identify needs and trends in the industry to articulate back to a16z investment partners.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and high attention to detail.
* Comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently; international experience is a plus.
* We do only first class business and only in a first class way
* We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
* We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
* We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
* We celebrate the good times
* We do it for the team
* We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.