Senior Project & Sourcing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the Senior Project and Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for building timelines for new product launches and tracking progress through the entire lifecycle, from concept to delivery. Through close partnerships with the New Product Development (NPD), Operations, Creative, and Vendor partners, you will ensure new products are successfully launched on time. The position will partner with NPD to source packaging, components and formulas and will be responsible for negotiating costs to ensure COGS targets are met.
* Project Management (70%):
* Responsible for establishing a concept-to-shelf calendar and timeline for seasonal and core launches.
* Own creating and managing a detailed project plan complete with dependencies, owners, deadlines and duration for each new product.
* Drive issues to resolution through partnerships and creative problem solving; use rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems with effective solution.
* Responsible for keeping key partners up-to-date on the progress of projects, risks and issues in a timely manner, and driving the team to completion of deliverables.
* Create and deliver weekly project dashboard reporting and overview of project status to relevant stakeholders.
* Responsible for understanding and evaluating the end-to-end process and making recommendations on how it can be improved.
* Sourcing (30%):
* Partner with the New Product Development team to identify and evaluate new packaging and manufacturing vendors.
* Negotiate formula and packaging costs to ensure optimal landed COGS.
* Responsible for vendor set-up, on-boarding, and managing supplier agreements.
* Develop Vendor Score Cards in partnership with NPD, Production, Purchasing and Quality.
* Coordinate vendor summits.
* Continually identify opportunities for short-term and long-term improvements.
* 5+ year's project management experience, with at least 2 years building out comprehensive timelines within the consumer packaged goods product sector.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills that deliver results.
* Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
* Experience with building and managing vendor relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects via prioritization, planning and task delegation (10 - 20 new product launches at one time).
* Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
* Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
* Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Project to build project timelines.
* Experience working in the beauty industry preferred.
* PMP certification desirable.
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach-proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high-and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris' molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ('CCPA'), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants ('Applicants') about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the 'APPLY FOR THIS JOB' button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.