Cost Accounting Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Cost Accounting Manager, you will be a key member of our Cost accounting team ensuring all inventory controls and procedures are followed in accordance with GAAP, and accounting modules of the manufacturing system are up to date and functioning properly. You will also work directly with our internal and external customers to make sure inventory reconciles at our multiple locations, setup and review product costing, and help with annual physical inventory counts. This position will interface with the manufacturing team and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, R&D, and Manufacturing.
This position will report to the Director of cost accounting.
* Provide analytical and technical skills related to cost accounting and reporting activities along with supporting audits, SOX related activities and ad-hoc projects.
* Review balance sheet account analysis, review variances analysis (purchase price to cost variance, cost revaluations, invoice to PO price variance, etc.) along with other information as a part of month-end close.
* Monitor, track and improve the cycle count process and inventory accuracy.
* Work closely with Supply Chain/Logistics to understand production schedules, contracts, inventory movements to ensure that inventory is accounted correctly.
* Partner with process development and Supply Chain teams to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials.
* Ensure process integrity within R&D, Manufacturing, Finance, and Supply Chain while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
* Maintain relationships with Business Partners and Accounting peers to address information reporting needs.
* Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures with respect to inventory and inventory related accounts.
* Biossance/Pipette (Direct to Consumer) inventory reconciliations.
* Provides action plan to AP/GL for the GR/IR to help make the proper adjustment.
* Up to 25% travel during year end
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* 5 years minimum experience in financial or relevant business disciplines with strong experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong understanding of cost accounting standards and concepts.
* Strong systems experience with SAP/Netsuite ERP.
* Strong analytical skills & familiarity working with large data sets.
* Attention to detail and an ability to understand concepts more broadly and strategically.
* Effective communication skills to facilitate collaboration and understanding of cost accounting information across different disciplines.
* High level Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs).
* Ability to lead and effect improvements in the cost of manufacturing the products.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris' molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ('CCPA'), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants ('Applicants') about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the 'APPLY FOR THIS JOB' button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.