Solutions Consulting Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
About The Role & Team
As a Manager for the Enterprise West Solutions Consulting Team, you will help guide our world-class team of SCs to support our prospects and customers in leveraging Amplitude to power their digital product experiences. In addition to driving internal cross-functional alignment, in the field, you'll have the opportunity to meet with Business Unit Leaders, Chief Product Officers, Product Leaders, Data Leaders and more! You will help drive business and technical account strategy, and support your team to execute winning proof steps to creatively position Amplitude's value in the context of their business. In short, you'll be helping architect Amplitude's representation to some of North America's most interesting and innovative businesses!
At Amplitude, the viewpoint of our SC team is extremely valued. Managing our Enterprise team, you'll have the opportunity to synthesize trends and patterns the team is seeing in the market to influence Enterprise go-to-market strategy, product direction, collaborate with corporate and field marketing, and contribute to our extensive ecosystem of Customer Success.
It's a demanding and rewarding job with an extremely relevant company, working with a top-notch team of SCs in a dynamic and exciting market!
To learn more about our team, check out our blog post on Pre-Sales at Amplitude.
As a Solutions Consulting Manager, you will:
* Recruit, empower, and manage a team of high performance Solutions Consultants throughout their career lifecycle
* Partner closely with regional sales leadership to achieve quota targets and company goals while fostering strong AE and SC relationships
* Be hands-on with driving regional revenue attainment-- you'll be directly involved with resourcing to technical strategy to strategic deal participation
* Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with Product, Engineering, Product Marketing, and other key stakeholders to ensure your team has what they need and are good partners with our internal stakeholders
* Execute repeatable, scalable processes to add capacity, bandwidth, and quality of excellence to the demo and trial process
* Define and develop sales offerings and repeatable use cases with regional leadership that meet the needs of our customers to drive new markets and/or expand existing market presence
* Ensure that the pre-sales team executes on effectively activating customer instances to develop a healthy ongoing business relationship with customers
* When needed, articulate a deep understanding of Amplitude technology to prospect and customer audiences, from the C-suite to Dept Heads to Engineering, removing obstacles and delivering differentiated technical and business value propositions and proof points to customers
* Contribute to product development by aggregating your team's insight and feedback relative to customers' critical business issues and solutions opportunities
* [WHEN POSSIBLE] Travel to customer on-sites to deliver demos and presentations to build strong customer relationships
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
* 3+ years managing a Pre-Sales solutions team
* 3+ years of individual contributor experience in a customer-facing role (Pre-Sales preferred)
* Prior experience understanding traditional Enterprise customer challenges and successfully mapping them directly to SaaS solutions (analytics solutions, selling to Product, Marketing or Analytics teams preferred)
* Excitement for expediting and encouraging individual development and learning through clear feedback, equitable & inclusive processes, and hands-on management techniques
* Passion for contributing new ideas to a winning sales team to break into and expand within new accounts and markets
* Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills
* An appetite for self-improvement, encouraging team growth, and seeking new information
* [WHEN POSSIBLE] Ability to travel to help our prospects (up to 30%)
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we're tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform- we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We're super proud of what we've built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
* Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
* Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
* We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and Paris.
* Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude's D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.