Specialist IS Architect - NLP and Search - Thousand Oaks, CAA
mgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
The Specialist IS Architect - NLP & Search for Amgen's Analytics and Knowledge Management (AKM) team will be based at Amgen's Thousand Oaks, CA site. This role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing Search and Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions. The role will provide leadership for the successful delivery of key initiatives in partnership with functional IS teams for AKM services and will be responsible for developing and managing the technology roadmap for various Search and NLP related platforms.
AKM services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search and DevOps.Responsibilities
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing natural language processes and solutions and provide input to develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable NLP improvements.
- Requires specialized expertise within the areas of linguistics, language-modeling grammar, natural language processing, and conversational flow and dialogues.
- Push the envelope on current NLP technology and develop new algorithms for our Enterprise Search & NLP platform.
- Deep learning programming experience with Python/Tensorflow/Keras or similar libraries and frameworks.
- Has understanding and broad experience with semantic networks, expert systems, probabilistic models and deep learning algorithms.
- Architect well-rounded Search platforms and applications solution options and create recommendations for IS and business consideration
- Design and develop crawlers and document processing/enrichment pipelines that create search indexes using data from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Continually improve/enhance search quality (relevance).
- Lead the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support of key projects implementing Search technologies.
- Define Search architecture and technical road maps for search platforms
- Manage and deliver large Search & NLP projects including creating and executing competitive bids, managing vendor teams and project finances, and assessing and communicating project health
- Develop a strong understanding of business needs, business information and IS systems and translate to solution requirements
- Research and evaluate technical solutions including various open source and proprietary search platforms, NoSQL databases, graph databases, and web based search user interface tools.
- Advice and support project teams (project managers, architects, business analysts, and developers) on tools, technology, and methodology related to the design and development of search-based solutions.
- Prepare and maintain communication materials like roadmaps, position papers, presentations, demos, playbooks and socialize the materials with our business clients and partner IS services.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in search and related emerging technologies to provide recommendations and deliver best practice solutions.
Master's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience focused on analytics, data management, reporting or search
- Hands-on experience in architecting analytics and search solutions and in managing delivery of IS projects
- Proficient coding capability in at least one of the major programming languages such as Python, R, Java
- Proficient in data analysis, model building and data mining
- Solid foundation in natural language processing and machine learning
- Significant experience with state-of-art deep learning
- Hand-on experience using technologies like Solr, IBM Watson Explorer, HBase, Linux and AWS infrastructure
- Experience managing the end-to-end delivery of complex search projects
- Experience with using cloud-based APIs services like Watson Developer Cloud or Amazon AI
- Experience with knowledge management best practices
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strong interpersonal, communication and communication skills
- Penchant to learn about new technology innovation and creativity in applying to business problems
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: .net, c, design pattern, lead, matlab, maven, php, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead