Sr Mgr ATO Site Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-Time
Development Supply Chain (DSC) is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of products, process knowledge and technology solutions to enable Amgen's accelerated product commercialization. The DSC business spans from demand and supply planning, sourcing, manufacturing to distribution of clinical and commercial products. As an integral part of Process Development organization, DSC provides an innovation ecosystem to advance differentiating multi-modality capabilities and gain insight in development and regulated environment in support of product and process development. Leveraging our tech transfer and manufacturing capabilities, DSC serves as a launch site to enable speed to market for Amgen's innovative products and biosimilars.
We have an opportunity in the ATO Site Supply Chain team for a Senior Manager, Supply Chain.
The Site Supply Chain organization is seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for leading supply chain activities at the Thousand Oaks site. This individual will manage and coordinate site resources and personnel to ensure supply chain activities are executed in accordance with GMP standards, on time and within budget. Responsibilities include oversight of all the following site function in support of manufacturing: Production Planning/Scheduling and Inventory Management..
* Directs the management of supply chain operations for production supply planning/scheduling and inventory management in compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures.
* Develops the production scenarios and capacity models to support operations and forward-looking strategic initiatives
* Establishes vision and goals for the department aligned with corporate and operational objectives
* Perform opportunity/risk and cost-benefit analyses, and develop business cases
* Represents the Thousand Oaks site on global networks as subject matter expert for site or function
* Contribute as part of site management team in projects such as business continuity, cost savings, and process improvements
* Present recommendations to Senior Management and drive decisions
* Manage a high-volume portfolio of programs simultaneously while consistently delivering high quality results
* Leverage network and relationships to identify business requirements and potential opportunities
* Recruit, train, and develop staff
* Doctorate degree & 4 years of directly related experience OR
* Master's degree & 8 years of directly related experience OR
* Bachelor's degree & 10 years of directly related experience
* 10+ years of experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry including leadership roles
* Advanced degree in Business, Science, or Engineering
* Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and influence decision-making.
* Ability to communicate vertically and horizontally through multiple channels, leverage cross-functional network to complete goals. Motivate teams.
* Demonstrated understanding of drug development, commercialization and operations planning
* Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, supply chain fundamentals and risk management
* Good business acumen, high-level strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to structure, pragmatically scope, and solve abstract and complex problems
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to drive decisions
* Proven leadership skills, organizational and project management experience
* Experience developing and mentoring staff
* Exhibits ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Capable of operating under pressure situations.
* Good working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.