Senior Scientist, Cardio-metabolic disease
Employment Type: Full-Time
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Scientist, Cardio-metabolic disease
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will:
* Show a high degree of independence to conduct experiments in the laboratory and provide scientific input into preclinical animal models, and novel in vitro techniques that will be used to advance the programs.
* Champion and launch new targets/initiatives and drive programs.
* Lead Discovery programs from target identification, to entry into preclinical development and participate in early and late development teams, informing on preclinical studies to support product development.
* Be highly motivated, with strong experimental and technical research skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, and be able to work productively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment within and outside of our laboratory.
* Demonstrate managing experience
* Demonstrate relevant areas of training as: signaling transduction, cell biology, metabolism, and pharmacology.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of molecular biology, pharmacology, physiology or related discipline
Master's degree and 5 years of molecular biology, pharmacology, physiology or related discipline
Bachelor's degree and 7 years of molecular biology, pharmacology, physiology or related discipline
* 3-5 years of work experience
* Experience in one or more of the following disease areas; cardio-metabolic diseases.
* Demonstrate aptitude for independent research and innovative thinking and understanding of human genetics.
* Ability to present clear and compelling scientific case.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to staff in the same function.
* Skilled in new technologies for investigating human and non-human biology.
* Experience in heart failure field and techniques.
* Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
* Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
* Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
* Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.