Commercial Insights Senior Manager - Primary Market Research
Employment Type: Full-Time
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Commercial Insights Senior Manager - Primary Market Research
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for delivering HCP (Health Care Provider) primary market research and insights to support cross-brand marketing initiatives. The individual in this role will provide deep market understanding and actionable outputs.
The successful candidate is an excellent business partner and will guide others through complex processes in daily execution of primary market research, as well as developing the long-term insight generation plan to support multiple teams that are tasked with developing commercial capabilities across brands. Acting as an internal consultant to those teams, the communication and interpersonal skills of this person will set them apart from others and blend seamlessly with their technical ability to execute primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative. You will find the 'So What' in the data and that responsibility will be important.
This position will report to the NuBu Commercial Insights Director within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A) group but will work day-to-day ('dotted line') with those that own the cross brand initiatives.
* Execute primary market research projects, understanding the needs of the research sponsors and contributing to building the insight generation plan required to meet those needs
* Support key annual activities including Executive Reviews, Brand Planning, Budgeting and business case support by providing objective, insights
* Work to help translate concepts into leading measures, insight requirements and deliver them in a clear, concise manner
* Work to translate the primary market research findings available into actionable insights and be able to influence the team's decision making accordingly
* Be a positive mentor to the other CD&A roles, guiding their work and really understanding the underlying drivers of the results seen, to help constructively challenge the next stages of any analysis
* Improve team capabilities by researching and implementing new research tools, internal and external standard methodologies, etc.
* Prioritize the business asks and deliver based on the agreed benefit for across the brands
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The market research professional we seek is a person with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of market research, analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Master's degree and 4 years of market research, analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of market research, analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of market research, analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of market research, analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
* Consulting experience within the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry
* Expertise in the area of pharma market data analytics/manipulation and health care provider primary market research techniques
* Analytical skills and the ability to take complex information sets and translate them to impactful outcomes
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
* Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
* Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
* Project management skills and experience in prioritizing multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects, whilst simultaneously meeting multiple partner needs
* Experience of managing and mentoring people, as well as helping others develop in role
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
* Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
* Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
* Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.