Associate Scientist - Molecular Biology
Employment Type: Full-Time
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Associate Scientist - Molecular Biology
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. The Genome Analysis Unit group at Amgen Inc. South San Francisco site is seeking to hire a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual at the Associate Scientist level. In this vital role you will work in the lab under supervision and work closely with a group of committed scientists to perform cell-based assays, molecular biology experiments, quantitative and molecular genetic analyses to discover, develop and validate exciting Amgen drug discovery pipeline.
Position Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Execute and document experimental plans and laboratory procedures timely with great attention to details.
* Execute data analysis and trouble-shooting with guidance.
* Performing RNA and DNA extraction from mammalian cell lines and tissues, and related quantitative PCR/digital PCR.
* Performing mammalian cell line maintenance and cell-based molecular biology and biochemical assays.
* Present data internally and communicate effectively with colleagues.
* Operate and maintain lab equipment.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.
Master's degree and at least 2 years of scientific research experience
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of scientific research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, or a closely related field.
* Strong background in molecular biology, cell biology, or biochemistry.
* Good critical thinking and attention to details are required.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct experiments.
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* The successful candidate must have expertise in his or her field of research as well as the ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques.
* Comfortable in fast-paced company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
* Hands-on experience with cell biology, biochemistry, and molecular biology techniques, especially mammalian cell culture technique.
* Experience performing experiments, such as RNA, DNA extraction, PCR, cloning.
* Hand-on experience in handling samples at 96 or 384-well format.
* Proficiency in performing and analysis of FACS, ELISA, or gene editing are preferred.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
* Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
* A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
* Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.