Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
* Must have 5-7 years of related experience in a related field.
* Two or more years in a production test and troubleshooting environment.
* Requires a solid background in testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of electromechanical equipment to the component level.
* Identify need for fixtures or equipment needed in support of unique or special testing requirements.
* Understanding of and experience with standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, RMS meters, high power conversion equipment, etc. is a must.
* Requires use of mechanical hand tools on a regular basis.
* Must be able to identify both surface mount and through-hole components, including component values/color-coding.
* Ability to perform moderately complex math and be able to read, understand, and adhere to technical documents and procedures.
* Perform physical inspection of product to ensure compliance to specification and cosmetic requirements.
* Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as required.
* Ability to effectively communicate and assist in training other technicians.
* Electronic Technician Certificate and/or AS Degree in Electronic Engineering is preferred.
* High School Diploma required.
This job operates in a production environment. This role routinely uses standard test equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds.The Senior Technician will be responsible for conducting a variety of tests, including manufacturing verification, engineering validation, functional performance, and ground fault isolation on production units. The Senior Technician will troubleshoot both digital and analog circuitry to the component level, determining the cause of any malfunction and recommending adjustments/repair to restore the product to working order.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
* Operate equipment and instruments safely and according to proper procedures, exercising the necessary precautions to prevent damage to test equipment and instrumentation.
* Calibrate, align, adjust, and perform final functional test each unit for customer shipment, working from specifications, test procedures, data sheets, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams/schematics, and/or verbal instruction.
* Log production test data, including but not limited to, work order, model number, serial number, test status (pass/fail), and failure mode.
* Report increased trends in failures to appropriate parties, initiating root-cause investigations.
* Diagnose and determine cause and remedy for defective assemblies, parts and/or components; identify, characterize, and document defects so to ensure reproducibility of documented defect.
* Assist test engineering in the final qualification of new test systems and/or procedures.
* Set up and operate various types of standard and specially designed test equipment.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Attention to Detail
* Technical Acumen
* Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
* Analytical Skills