Employment Type: Full-Time
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you a mission-oriented nurse who likes to travel and meet new people? If so, you will thrive at the American Red Cross.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You'll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
We're looking for both charge and apheresis nurses to accompany us on blood drives throughout the community. As an RN, you'll focus on customer service and compassion, working and making connections with healthy, happy blood donors. As a charge nurse you will lead a team, draw blood and, on occasion, supervise blood drives. As an apheresis nurse you will perform clinical apheresis procedures, along with other tasks, ensuring safe and appropriate care of patients. We work hard when we're on the road and need a nurse who can accommodate a highly flexible schedule. You should also be comfortable performing venipuncture. You will need an RN (or LPN, depending on state requirements) license in the state prior to starting work.
* Conduct phlebotomy and charge at blood drives
* Work independently with attention to detail and possess the necessary knowledge of all aspects of daily operations, ensuring the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
* Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
* Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of respect for customer service
* Be a model of professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation's largest not-for-profit blood banking organization
* The aforementioned responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
* Registered nurse license required (RN/LPN)
* Previous customer service experience and strong work ethics
* Effective verbal communication and public relations skills are preferred
* A current valid driver's license and good driving record are required
* Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
* All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors
* Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights