EMT in Victorville, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
More Information about this Job
Emergency Medical Technician (FT/PT)
Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rates: $14.25 - @25.00/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Other Duties as defined on the job description.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED
* Ca Drivers' License
* Ambulance Driver's License (from DMV)
* Medical Examiner's Card (from DMV)
* State of California EMT License
* CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
* ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
* IS-100B (ICS 100)
* IS-700A (NIMS)
* IS-800B (NIMS)
* IS-200B (ICS 200)
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled