Employment Type: Full-Time
Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
New Grads Welcomed!
Fluoroscopy license must be obtained within six months
Operates radiologic and fluoroscopy equipment to produce radiographs of body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by a Radiologist and or Medical Director.The radiologic technologist uses diagnostic imaging equipment to help physicians diagnose illnesses and injuries.
* Current state of California ARRT license
* Display superior interpersonal skills for effective communication with patient and peers.
* Possess superior knowledge of x-ray procedures and techniques.
* Maintain confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times, as required by facility policy and HIPAA guidelines.
* Fluoroscopy license must be obtained within six months of hire date.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Greet, accept and prepare the patient for x-ray and fluoroscopy procedures..
* Assess and document patient's condition to determine proper handling and special requirements.
* Check requisition for physician notes and/or special instructions.
* Instruct and assist patients in assuming physical position for appropriate test.
* Provide x-ray and fluoroscopy services in a timely manner while performing high quality procedures.
* Adhere to procedure protocols as established by the Medical Director.
* Enforce radiation safety procedures to provide a safe environment for patients and staff.
* Maintain x-ray and fluoroscopy equipment/rooms in proper working condition. Report malfunctions and necessary repairs to manager.
* Keeps autoclave in working order and sterilizes instruments.
* Keeps all crash carts up to date.
* Orders and keeps inventory of all medical supplies.
* Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
* Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
* Ensure operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
* Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
* Minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
* Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records