Health Information Management Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The HIM Systems analyst will be the primarily responsible for operational functions/operations the Health Information Management systems and the electronic medical record. The HIM Systems Analyst will support the HIM/Med Staff Director with assigned duties as well as assist as needed/requested or assigned.
Associate Degree in Health Information Management or Information Technology Systems with at least 2 years of direct or related work experience. Prefer experience with Electronic Medical Record. Experience working in HIM field to include knowledge of electronic medical record. Advanced computer skills of systems analysis, systems design and the ability to design, create and maintain databases/tables. Preference to candidate with knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (Epic) Eclipsys, Dictation Voice systems, and Sequel, Crystal reporting and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Health Information systems (Electronic medical record etc.) to include workflow management, monitoring of queues/print/ fax servers/security and archiving for both internal and external customers. Responsible for functional system operations to include training, support and troubleshooting and working queues as assigned within the HIM applications/systems.
* Responsible for the system build as needed, system maintenance and integrity of the medical records created and stored in the system.
* Responsible to inventory/revisions any paper forms or E-Forms for New Hanover Regional Medical Center and affiliates (Pender, Home Care, Physician Practices etc.). Review the inventory of forms to create viable indexing form for efficient operations. Utilize the electronic form system to build forms.
* Maintains the integrity of the Document Master of paper forms and electronic templates/forms for consistency of forms, end user support reference and historical resource. Responsible for Document Master file updates and maintenance.
* Works in conjunction with Information Services in development, implementation, troubleshooting, system upgrades and maintenance to ensure maximum performance of Heath Information Management systems and related systems.
* Monitors and corrects Health Information Management systems for any type of error queues and COLD Feeds/interfaces from NHRMC systems into NHRMC Electronic Medical Record and troubleshoots any issues or workflow/work queue issues. Monitors and troubleshoots all relevant Health Information Management systems associated with the Electronic Medical Record including interface error queues, Fax, print error queues/servers or approval assistance of developed COLD/PDF file interfaces templates etc.
* Responsible for maintaining EPIC provider SER records, Provider not in system, My Chart HIM related build, issues including but not limited to customer support/training, proxy monitoring/access, Care Link user accounts/training and communication, set up and duties as assigned with growth of HIM systems in relation to the electronic medical record. Performing security audits as directed as well as updating users (Care Link for example)
* Other duties as assigned to support the HIM Systems Administrator or the HIM Department as well as functions/responsibilities for an accurate electronic medical record.