Chief Nursing Officer - PGMC
Employment Type: Full-Time
CHIEF NURSING OFFICER
Under the direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer, provides leadership, direction, and administration for the departments of Nursing; ensures compliance with established objectives and the provision of quality health care services; acts in collaboration with the President and Chief Executive Officer assisting with other administrative functions as assigned. The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the direction of the hospital's nursing services and participates as a member of the executive management team, sharing authority and responsibility with other executive managers to assure the provision of quality, cost efficient healthcare to patients presenting for services. The Chief Nursing Officer has the authority, accountability and responsibility to establish nursing policies and procedure, nursing standards of patient care, treatment, and services, and standards of nursing practice and nurse staffing plans for the organization.
* Establishes and monitors the quality of nursing care, treatment and services delivered to patients throughout the facility.
* Coordinates development of hospital wide patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how patients' nursing care needs, or the needs of patient populations receiving nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated and met.
* Develops and implements the hospital's plan for providing nursing care, treatment and services to those patients requiring nursing care, treatment and services
* Participates with the governing body, management, medical staff and clinical leaders in the hospital's decision-making structures and processes.
* Implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of nursing care, treatment and services delivered to patients.
* Communicates and interprets Gardens Regional Hospital's philosophy of nursing, plan for nursing care and Patient Care services goals and objectives to the nursing staff, administration, the medical staff and other departments within the organization.
* Establishes a strategic and conceptual framework for patient care management within the facility, taking into account patient mix, community needs, staff skills and knowledge, available personnel and material resources and healthcare expectations.
* Works collaboratively with others to create and execute integrated business plans. Identifies short and long range goals as well as desired outcome measures and develops a plan of implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluating.
* Establishes nursing policies and procedures, nursing standards of patient care, and standards of nursing practice and nurse staffing plans.
* Oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of patient care consistent with professional organizations' and regulatory bodies' standards, organizational policy, goals and strategic initiatives.
* Approves nursing policies and procedures, nursing standards of care, treatment, and services, and standards of nursing practice before implementation.
* Ensures that the patient care units and services are in compliance with Accrediting Agencies, Federal and State regulations and professional organization standards and that quality control programs are maintained as appropriate.
* Oversees the development and monitoring of departmental budget and all related expenditures including recommendations of a sufficient number of qualified and competent staff, space and other resource needs ensuring maximization of resources, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of patient care operations.
* Promotes the collaboration of nursing, other clinical disciplines, the medical staff and the administrative staff in the development and implementation of performance improvement activities to improve patient care.
* Oversees the coordination of ongoing educational offerings for nursing; assures regular needs assessments and program planning to address these needs; monitors environmental factors affecting education/development of staff and defines resources available to address same.
* Ensures consistent application of Human Resource policies and procedures; collaborates with Human Resource Department to recruit, select and retain qualified personnel.
* Master's degree in Nursing
* BCLS / ACLS
* Five (5) years nursing management experience at Chief Nursing Officer level (or next lower level) in an acute healthcare facility.
* Demonstrated management, administrative, scheduling, planning and budgeting skills.
* Working knowledge of state, federal and accrediting agency (DNV, TJC or AOA) nursing regulations / requirements governing aspects of nursing including but not limited to Title 22 and CA Nurse Practice Act
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
* Excellent communication (written / verbal) skills
* Excellent organizational skills#06022021