Central Supply Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of Materials Manager, the Central Supply Tech is responsible for receiving and verifying medical supplies, such as gloves, scales, etc. coming to the facility. He/she is responsible for stocking, labeling and lost charge reconciliations of medical supplies. Reconcile daily charges to supplies used. The Central Supply Technician is responsible for monitoring and managing all medical supplies and assuring accurate charging for supplies, services, procedures, etc.
Two (2) years of experience as a Materials Technician is preferred. Experience in Materials and Central Supply within a hospital preferred. High school graduate or equivalent is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES
* Receives and stores various medical supplies in storage room, being sure to label and maintain appropriate stocks.
* Assures that orders are correct and bills are turned in for payment
* Stocks nurses stations and resident rooms with supplies; assures appropriate accounting for all stocked supplies
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area
* Accounts for all medical supplies and bills appropriate status; i.e., turns in billing each month as scheduled
* Assures personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials, and fire safety
* Ensures that orders are confirmed and correct and handle shipping errors or returns of damaged merchandise