Employment Type: Full-Time
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860's and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future? At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com.
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications.
Job title: Platemaker/Mounter
BG/BU: AFA- Flexibles North America
Location: AF Yuba City
Job family: Operations
Reports to (Title): Manufacturing Manager
1. Job Overview
The Platemaker is responsible for assisting the plate mounters in ensuring that all necessary plates and materials are present, staged and ready for each mounting job according to the press schedule. This position works hand in hand with plate mounters in making sure that each job is mounted and ready for press.
2. Job Dimensions
* Verify all plates are on hand for job
* inspect plates for defects: cracks, missing dots, surface damage, etc. and ensure plate surfaces are clean
* Ensure each plate 'floor' is scribed or identifies w/item description, color and customer item code
* Verify all plates correspond w/ 'up-to-date' color key separations and match each plate to corresponding color key
* Underlay plate areas if necessary
* Plates Prepared: Clean back (Mylar side) of plates w/ alcohol (remove residue)
* Prepare/cut eyeline(s) and job number and place in job pouch
* Using black 'permanent marker', mark the edges of plates as necessary
* Stack plates back to back separated by foam
* Stage job ticket, layout sheet, prepared plates, and color key for mounting
* Strip sleeves and inspect for damaged before returning to inventory for storage
* Prepare plates to store
* Punctuality and adherence to the company attendance policy and essential
3. Principal Accountabilities
* Confirm correct artwork and/or copy. IF DISCREPANCIES ARE FOUND, NOTIFY PLATE COORDINATOR, LEAD MOUNTER OR MANAGEMENT
* Cut Plates to fit sleeves. DO NOT REMOVE MICRODOTS
4. Major challenges & complexities
* Photopolymer Plate Preparation: Review job ticket, color keys and layout sheets to ensure that all information specifications, and special instruction and comments correspond w/ layout sheet, and color keys and job tickets.
6.1 Formal Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
Education and Certifications
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Specific skills and abilities
Amcor Leadership Framework competencies
The 3 Leadership competencies which will apply to all AFA co-workers:
* Driving for Results
* Customer Focus
* Influencing Others
The Leadership competencies which will apply to OHSE:
* Command Skills
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Process Management
* Learning on the Fly
The 4 Leadership competencies which will apply to all People Manager:
* Nose for Talent
* Building Effective Teams
* Motivating Others
* Managerial Courage
To apply to this offer, please apply directly on our website
Here is where you can copy/paste the URL (as below) that you find out on TMS ('job postings' tab)
With 16 plants in the Americas and Europe, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma,
personal care, and food markets. Its award-winning approach towards sustainability
makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
* Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
* Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and innovation
* Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior returns
* The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links 'EEO is the and 'EEO is the Law' Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.