CLS- DNA/ NGS
Employment Type: Full-Time
Entry level position as CLS I in the Clinical Laboratory at Ambry Genetics. This position is responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting clinical molecular genetic test results. This position requires a Clinical Laboratory Scientist license from the California Department of Public Health.
* Conducts clinical molecular genetic testing for a single workflow, under the direct supervision of the onsite Supervisor, and in accordance with the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, straightforward data analyses, reporting (when applicable) and maintaining records of patient test results.
* Provide signature as needed, to demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
* Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, with emphasis on equipment, reagent logs and reagent preparation. Document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
* Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
* Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and immediately notify the Lead CLS or Lab Supervisor.
* Satisfactorily complete training and competency on all tasks performed, including training on any instrumentation.
* Responsible for adhering to laboratory policies for personal protective equipment (PPE), hazardous waste disposal, and IT security.
* A bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution.
* Clinical Laboratory Scientist license from the California Department of Public Health:
* Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS), preferred, or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist)
* General: Technical knowledge of laboratory testing and terminology is required. Capable of excelling within a team environment. Capable of accomplishing workload. Ability to communicate effectively, attention to detail, ability to cross reference information, ability to prioritize work, computer skills, working knowledge of standard office equipment (computers, printers fax machines, phone systems, office software and internet). Flexibility regarding job assignments.
* Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents and Ambry Genetics test requisition forms, standard operating procedures, work instructions, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively one-to-one, in a group setting, and with employees of the organization.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Responsible in maintaining the required certificates, licenses, and/or registrations that are required for the position.
* This position requires prior work experience in a laboratory certified under CLIA (usually in the U.S.).
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (and traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Ambry does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters, third party recruiting agencies, outside recruiters or firms without an executed contract in place. We are not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by Ambry. Such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Ambry and will be processed accordingly.