Microwave/RF Hardware Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Microwave/RF Hardware Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with colleagues throughout Project Kuiper’s inter-disciplinary team, and engage third party suppliers, in order to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing microwave/RF subsystems for use in space. This includes the design, characterization and optimization of sub-systems in block up-converters, power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, and block down-converters.
In this role you will:
· Work within a project team and take responsibility for high bandwidth RF circuits from L-band to Ka-band.
· Perform cascade analysis. Simulate and optimize circuits. Schematic capture and PCB layout.
· Build test benches.
· Evaluate transceiver subsystems in a lab.
· Work with system, power, software, mechanical engineering, baseband and compliance teams.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or 7 + years of relevant experience.
· 5+ years of experience in microwave circuit design to component level, such as power amps, LNAs, mixers, block up-converters, and block down-converters.
· Experience designing, testing, and verifying, and launching mass production products.
· Experience with microwave components, such as OMT, polarizers, waveguides, waveguide filters etc…
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Directly responsible for designing, testing, and verifying mass production products.
· Experience with designing for space applications
· Experience with RF and EM simulation software.
· Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, vector network analyzers.
· Industry level experience with developing power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, mixers, VCOs and PLLs using Commercial-of-the-shelf parts and interfacing with ADCs and DACs.
· Experience with impedance matching.
· Familiarity with RF circuit production workflow
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.